I used to think that homemade soap would be a great way to use up some of that beeswax mountain. That is until I started to look into the subject and it turns out to be a bit more complicated than I thought.
For a start there’s the matter of CAUSTIC SODA. Note the capital letters there; those are there as a mark of Respect. When using Caustic Soda, be on your Toes because it is a VERY NASTY chemical indeed. Wear gloves, don’t spill it and don’t blame me if you do. Continue reading Beeswax Soap Recipe
Here is a recipe for lip balm – it won’t help much with the beeswax mountain but if your lips are in tatters this is the stuff for you. If not, well it does have tatter-prevention properties if you smear some on before you go out in the elements. At the very least it will give you a nice glossy pout. Continue reading Lip Balm Recipe
This is a really simple and nourishing handcream recipe – in fact you could probably eat it.
If you’re not planning to eat it you could add fragrance but it’s lovely as it is. Just apply sparingly as possible and try and keep it off your palms because it doesn’t contain those chemicals that make it vanish into your skin.
If you do get greasy palms – rub it on your head. Your hair will be glossy as a colt’s back and even on a very windy day – it’ll hold it all down nicely.
Weigh everything including the water.
- 50g spotlessly clean beeswax
- 200g jojoba oil
- 200g almond oil
- 200g soft water
- 10 g borax
- This will make 9 x 50ml pots so get them ready first;
- Measure oils into a pyrex bowl;
- Break up beeswax and add to oils;
- Set pyrex bowl in pan of hot water and set on low heat to melt wax;
- When beeswax is melted put water and borax into a jar, mix then warm this mixture so it is the same temperature as the oil etc;
- Pour oil/beeswax mixture and boraxed water both together at the same time into a bowl and stir;
- A creamy mixture will form and you need to get it into pots before it sets and it will set quite quickly.
Click here for how to render beeswax
Click here for beeswax facts
Click here for beeswax lipbalm recipe
Click here for beeswax furniture polish recipe
Click here for beeswax soap recipe
Click here for beeswax candlemaking
Copyright © Beespoke.info, 2014. All Rights Reserved.