This is a really simple and nourishing handcream recipe – in fact you could probably eat it.
If you’re not planning to eat it you could add fragrance but it’s lovely as it is. Just apply sparingly as possible and try and keep it off your palms because it doesn’t contain those chemicals that make it vanish into your skin.
If you do get greasy palms – rub it on your head. Your hair will be glossy as a colt’s back and even on a very windy day – it’ll hold it all down nicely.
Weigh everything including the water.
- 50g spotlessly clean beeswax
- 200g jojoba oil
- 200g almond oil
- 200g soft water
- 10 g borax
- This will make 9 x 50ml pots so get them ready first;
- Measure oils into a pyrex bowl;
- Break up beeswax and add to oils;
- Set pyrex bowl in pan of hot water and set on low heat to melt wax;
- When beeswax is melted put water and borax into a jar, mix then warm this mixture so it is the same temperature as the oil etc;
- Pour oil/beeswax mixture and boraxed water both together at the same time into a bowl and stir;
- A creamy mixture will form and you need to get it into pots before it sets and it will set quite quickly.
Copyright © Beespoke.info, 2014. All Rights Reserved.