Try this recipe for a lovely healthy Beekeeper’s Breakfast. Delicious with yogurt, fresh fruit and more honey!
First pre-heat oven to 170 degrees C for a fan oven or 190 degrees for a conventional oven.
- 200g Porridge oats;
- 200g Jumbo oats;
- 100g Chopped almonds or walnuts;
- 100g Wheatgerm;
- 85g Desiccated coconut;
- 25g Sesame seeds;
- 50g Sunflower seeds;
- 150ml Local honey;
- 90ml Hot water;
- 150ml Sunflower oil;
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence;
- 0.5 tsp Salt;
- 50g Pumpkin seeds.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl;
- Mix together the honey, the hot water and the salt in a jug or other bowl then whisk in the oil and the vanilla essence;
- Pour the honey/oil mixture into the oats etc and stir together well;
- Spread the lot into a large roasting tin;
- Place into the centre of the pre-heated oven and cook for about 45 minutes or until golden in colour;
- Note – you will need to stir this regularly to prevent scorching – particularly towards the end of the cooking time;
- Stir the pumpkin seeds through the mixture while still hot;
- Allow to cool completely before storing in one of those airtight plastic tubs.
Copyright © Beespoke.info, 2015. All Rights Reserved.