Here’s a recipe for a real winter warmer – and a great way to use up some of your enormous honey harvest!
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 bruised cardamon pods
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 0.5 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 4 thin slices of ginger
- 1.5lb mildly flavoured honey
- Juice of 2 small oranges with enough water to make 1 pint
- 1 pint Vodka
- Put the spices and sliced ginger with the orange juice and water into a stainless steel saucepan;
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes;
- Add the orange and lemon peel and the honey;
- Bring back to the boil then take off the heat and allow to steep for 15 minutes with the lid on;
- Strain through muslin;
- Add the Vodka;
- Drink – rather nice hot but I think you are supposed to store it away for a bit.
Copyright © Beespoke.info, 2015. All Rights Reserved.