There are five queen marking colours and they follow an Internationally recognised sequence depending on the last number in the year the queen was born.
The sequence is easily remembered with the following mnemonic ‘Will You Rear Good Bees‘.
- White – years ending 1 or 6
- Yellow – years ending in 2 or 7
- Red – years ending in 3 or 8
- Green – years ending in 4 or 9
- Blue – years ending in 5 or 0
Copyright © Beespoke.info, 2014. All Rights Reserved.
One thought on “Queen Marking Colours”
I have found that wild garlic is a good deterent for varoa mite